Chag Pesach Sameach! Happy Passover! For those of you who don’t know, Passover (or Pesach פֶּסַח in Hebrew) is a weeklong Jewish holiday remembering and celebrating the Exodus from Egypt. The story is, of course, told in the Book of Exodus in the Bible.
As the story goes, the Hebrews left Egypt so quickly that they didn’t have time for their bread to rise before leaving. So, for the week of Passover, Jews avoid eating leavened grain (known as chametz חמץ in Hebrew). This generally means no bread, no cakes, beer, etc, although different people will follow different rules regarding what is and isn’t acceptable during Passover.
I’d like to share with you a simple pancake recipe that is all-around KFP (Kosher For Passover), and just plain easy to make. All you really need for these pancakes are eggs, bananas, and a little bit of butter. Plus any syrups or toppings you might want, of course!
Easy 2-Ingredient Kosher for Passover Pancakes (Dairy and Gluten Free!)Course: Blog
honey /sugar/sweetener (optional)
chocolate spread/syrup/topping of choice (optional)
- Use 2 eggs and one banana per serving. For 2 servings, 4 eggs and 2 bananas, and so on.
- Mix eggs and banana in blender or mixer until fully combined, frothy, and full of bubbles. (Add sugar or honey to batter to taste, or just use syrup on the cooked cakes!)
- Melt butter in nonstick pan over low heat. Fry pancake batter, flipping once when bubbles form in center of pancake.
- Serve hot with toppings of choice!
- This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, tree-nut free, vegetarian, and kosher for Passover
I hope you like these pancakes! Let me know what you think in the comments below.
Thank you so much for reading! Please like and subscribe to show your support for Freshly Stale ☺️